To be prepared for hurricane damage to your property, the first step is to have your landscaping evaluated by a licensed professional tree service. This includes
- Assessing the health of your trees
- Recognize trees and shrubs that are in need of removal, cutting-back, or replacement.
- You need to identify drainage problems in your landscape that could increase the risk of water damage
Arborwise Tree Service provides a tree evaluation and a free written estimate for all potential hazards that may arise from trees or landscaping around your home.
Trees and Landscaping are at Risk from Hurricanes
- Tree Location. A wind-break is a tree that is placed in the best place to protect your property from strong winds. Your home could be damaged if a tree is placed too close to your property.
- Tree Root Systems. Roots in close proximity to your home may pose a threat of storm damage.
- Broken or weak limbs. They must be removed before they can become projectiles that could travel into your home in a storm.
- Soil Volume. High winds can cause trees to be lifted from the ground if they are planted in soil that is too small or not adequate for their developing roots.
- Tree Health. Trees that are not properly cared for can cause damage to your property.
All trees should be maintained by an arborist or someone being trained by/supervising an arborist.
What Homeowners Should Do and Not Do for Tree Prep before a Storm
There are several ways homeowners can minimize the damage caused by storms to trees.
- Professionally prune trees and shrubs
- Clear away dead wood, and any wood piles that could become missiles and fly through your windows in a storm.
- Properly dispose off cut wood, branches and logs
- To protect the roots of your tree from the elements, use organic mulch
- Use stakes to anchor younger trees and shrubs or delicate plants.
- Burlap can be used to wrap the trunks of newly-planted trees.
- Do not grind stumps below grade. Instead, hire a professional tree service to do it.
- Do not trim your trees by yourself. Too much trimming can lead to a worse outcome than too little.
- Do not Cut the root system. That is up to the professionals.
Pinellas County’s Trusted Tree Doctor
Arborwise Tree Service, a family-owned business located in Palm Harbor Florida. Our company is one of few that has an ISA Certified Arborist as a leader and gives expert training to our employees. Fully licensed and insured. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services.
- Tree trimming
- Pruning and shaping
- Hedge trimming and shaping
- Tree removal
- Crane service
- Stump grinding
- canopy elevation
- Tree examination, also known as “tree doctoring”,
Contact us to request a free estimate for tree care. We are proud to provide tree care services in the following cities: Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and Safety Harbor, Clearwater.
Our philosophy is simple. Our mission is to educate customers about their trees and provide them with helpful information. Arborwise Tree Service is a professional company that acts accordingly. Our team is composed of dedicated people who are driven to provide high-quality service and carry out our company vision. We strive to be the best in all we do and pay attention to every detail.
To ask questions or learn more, call us at 727-481 8081 You are invited to visit Arborwise Tree Service to see the reasons why so many locals choose Arborwise Tree Service to take care of their trees.
This post was written by a professional arborist at Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care. Robert Miller is the owner of Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care, Arborwise Tree Services is a tree removal saint petersburg fl company that offers stump removal, tree pruning, stump grinding, fertilization, and tree restoration.